Give From Your Donor-Advised Fund
A donor-advised fund (DAF) is a convenient and easy way to organize your charitable contributions. A DAF gives you the flexibility to recommend how much and how often money is granted to PBS Wisconsin and other charities. PBS Wisconsin does not directly manage donor-advised funds, however, they can be established at many financial institutions or community foundations. You can then recommend how much and how often money is granted.
Setting up a DAF qualifies you for a federal income tax charitable deduction when you make gifts to the fund—without immediately having to choose the charities you want to support. If you so choose, you can support a number of charitable organizations without having to keep track of your records for a number of separate contributions.
How it Works
- You open a DAF with a community foundation, financial services firm, or other sponsoring organization. Some DAFs require a minimum gift to open your fund, although additional contributions may be less.
- You name your loved ones as your successor to continue to recommend grants to charitable organizations, or you can name PBS Wisconsin as a beneficiary to receive all or part of your account after your lifetime.
- You may make contributions to your fund at any time. It is common for contributors to add to a DAF at the end of the calendar year to maximize their tax situation.
- You qualify for a federal income tax charitable deduction for each gift to your donor advised fund.
- While funds in DAFs are waiting to be distributed, the sponsoring organization invests that money and collects interest.
- You make recommendations that various amounts are channeled to charitable organizations of your choice, such as PBS Wisconsin.
Making a Gift to PBS Wisconsin
- Be sure to use our legal 501(c)(3) name, “Friends of PBS Wisconsin, Inc.” and Federal Tax ID: 23-7300462 when making a grant through your DAF.
- Funds should be distributed to our address, at 821 University Ave., Madison WI 53706.
- Ask your fund to include your name and address on the check sent from the fund so that we can properly thank you, ensure your benefits are current, and share the good news of how your support for PBS Wisconsin is making a difference.
Designating a Beneficiary
You can also choose to have any remaining DAF funds distributed to PBS Wisconsin after your lifetime by naming Friends of PBS Wisconsin as a beneficiary of all or a portion of remaining funds. If you choose to do so, please use our legal name, “Friends of PBS Wisconsin,” and Federal Tax ID: 23-7300462 when you create the fund or contact your fund administrator to complete a change form.