Quilt Expo 2019: Sept. 5-7 in Madison, Wisconsin
July 24, 2019 Leave a Comment
Tickets are now on sale for the ultimate quilting adventure! Join us Sept. 5-7 in Madison for the 15th-annual Quilt Expo, presented by Wisconsin Public Television and Nancy Zieman Productions.
Did you know that more than 20,000 quilting and sewing enthusiasts gather in Madison, Wisconsin each year for the Wisconsin Public Television Quilt Expo? Quilt Expo is not only a premier quilting destination for the Midwest, but it also welcomes attendees and vendors from across the U.S. – and even across the globe – each year. And this year, Quilt Expo is celebrating 15 years of quilting fun!
Since 2004, Quilt Expo has brought quilters together while giving back to the community in numerous ways. Proceeds from Quilt Expo always go to support Wisconsin Public Television’s programming and outreach initiatives. That means that by purchasing an admission ticket, stopping by the WPT booth to buy a raffle ticket or registering for a presentation, you are not only enriching your life, but also enriching the lives of others who are impacted by WPT’s work on-air, online and in the community.
And, throughout the event, Quilt Expo is full of opportunities for attendees to give back. One such opportunity is Quilt to Give, an annual community service project that invites attendees to sit and sew for a great cause. Finished quilts are donated to local charities each year. Last year, 29 quilts were donated! Nancy Zieman Productions has a great blog post about this project that details its history and how you can get involved; click here to read it.
If you haven’t yet been to a Quilt Expo, what should you expect at the three-day event? Here are some of the highlights:
- A 10-category juried and judged Quilt Contest Exhibit featuring hundreds of quilts and cash prizes.
- Special quilt exhibits! This year’s new exhibits include the Quilt Expo Log Cabin Challenge, Quilt Expo Modern Mini Challenge and Quilt Expo Kids’ Quilt Challenge. Plus, traveling exhibits on loan from across the country, like the Prince Challenge from Cherrywood Hand-Dyed Fabrics!
- Hundreds of educational activities, including lectures, stage presentations, sit & sew workshops, hands-on workshops and evening events. Explore modern circles, color theory, silk fusion and stash busting. Learn about creative stitching and ruler work – or, if you’re feeling ambitious, head to Quilters Bootcamp! Then, take a moment to celebrate Nancy Zieman with a special lecture from Nancy Zieman Productions.
- An 85,000-square-foot vendor mall featuring businesses and organizations from across the nation. Click here to explore a full list of 2019 vendors.
- The Quilt Expo raffle, featuring prizes with a value of $200 or more.
Advance registration for the expo is now open, which means you can register early and save $2 per admission ticket, workshop and lecture. Plus, registering early means you can take advantage of limited-quantity opportunities, like the Quilt Expo VIP package!