Garden Expo Starts Friday!
February 9, 2011 Leave a Comment
It’s Time to Think Green! Wisconsin Public Television presents the 18th-annual Garden Expo this weekend, Feb 11-13 2011, at the Exhibition Hall at the Alliant Energy Center, Madison. Make plans now to attend this year’s event!
Tickets for Garden Expo are just $7 in advance and $8 at the door. Children 12 and under are admitted free. Two-day passes are available for $11 both in advance and at the door.
New this year, click here to find and print an online coupon for a $1 admission discount at the door on Friday and Sunday!
All proceeds support WPT programming and outreach efforts. This year’s Expo features:
- Hundreds of exhibitor booths selling seeds, plants, books, tools, lawn equipment and other exciting merchandise for gardens and yards of all sizes.
- More than 100 free educational seminars and demonstrations on topics including lawns, gardens, landscape design and more.
- A 1,200-square-foot central-garden display sponsored by the Wisconsin Landscape Contractors Association.
- A chance to meet Master Gardener Shelley Ryan, producer and host of WPT’s The Wisconsin Gardener.
- UW-Extension horticulture experts will be available to offer insight, plant identification and tips to gardeners and amateur landscapers of all levels.
- Nonprofit groups specializing in mulching various plant species, rain gardens, rock gardens, conservation efforts and more will have booths to share their information.
- An exciting Garden Expo raffle for prizes including landscape packages, equipment, decorations, tools and more. The nominal raffle ticket price supports WPT programming.
To find a list of advance ticket vendors around the state, please visit wigardenexpo.com. There, you can also find information about all of Garden Expo’s educational offerings, hands-on workshop registration and details on the Garden Expo raffle and available prizes.
Here’s a look at the fun from last year’s Garden Expo: