PBS Wisconsin seeks a student Production Assistant to work on the production of its Wisconsin Life television series. Wisconsin Life is a multiplatform, collaborative project of PBS Wisconsin and Wisconsin Public Radio. Training will be provided.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce and contribute content to Wisconsin Life‘s social media sites daily and work to develop audience
- Write, proof, and post digital assets, upload videos and other content to project and station websites.
- Serve as a liaison between series production team and viewers. Call people featured in stories to verify information and inform them of scheduled
- Maintain and update project’s CMS (content management system) database and electronic archives of story information.
- Research and generate story ideas for the Wisconsin Life
- Assist reporters/producers with research, transcribe interviews and provide production support to project team during on-location video shoots, as availability allows, throughout Wisconsin.
- Assist in various post-production tasks.
- Other related responsibilities, as assigned by PBS Wisconsin’s Executive Producer of Local Series and the Series Producer of Wisconsin Life.
- Ideal candidate is enthusiastic, self-directed, responsible and curious about life in Wisconsin.
- Must have demonstrated writing skills, ideally familiar with AP style. Familiarity with social media platforms and WordPress is a
- Must be available at least 15 hours per week and may work as many as 20 hours per week. Hours and days are flexible based on class schedule and availability.
- Must be available beginning January 2020 through the 2020-21 school year. Expectation to be available year-round.
- Broadcast Journalism, Marketing or Communications majors preferred but not mandatory.
WHAT YOU GET
- $12.00 per hour with increases possible.
- Experience working on a statewide television series / great resume
- Working relationship with award-winning professional journalists/producers.
- Opportunity to produce stories for broadcast, which will increase with demonstrated initiative and length of time in this position.
- Opportunity to receive training in videography and editing, which will increase with demonstrated initiative and length of time in this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at https://studentjobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/listing/ by 1/31/2020. The job number is 495860. Please submit a resume and a cover letter describing how your experience relates to the job duties.