The Video Promotion Producer is responsible for the production of on-air and digital promotion spots, other station break material, and special-purpose and social media videos utilizing cross-platform marketing and design. Daily duties include managing and producing projects from concept through completion, producing, writing, editing and graphic design. Focus is on creating enticing promotions with an emphasis on digital and social messaging to increase viewer engagement and help build on the station’s mission and strategic plan. This dynamic position works independently and collaborates with the Video Promotions Manager, other management, and team members. This position is part of the communication staff responsible for developing and presenting clear, consistent, and effective communication about PBS Wisconsin in all media. Some night/weekend work is required. Reports to the Video Promotions Manager.
DEGREE AND AREA OF SPECIALIZATION
Associate degree or higher required, fields of Communication Arts, Film & Media, or related field preferred.
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
1. Two or more years of professional video production experience
2. Experience effectively using voice-over, soundbites, nat sound, video, music, sound effects, and graphic elements to create engaging videos
3. Developing, coordinating, and directing the production strategy and process
4. Record of consistently meeting deadlines under pressure and capacity to manage multiple projects
5. Hands-on editing and strong script writing skills
6. Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop) or similar professional-grade non-linear editing software
7. Capability to work independently, in teams, and with direction from outside stakeholders
NOT REQUIRED BUT DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience producing promos and commercials for multiple broadcast and digital platforms, including social media, OTT, apps, and other emerging opportunities
2. Knowledge of video shoot direction, shooting video, sound design, audio production, broadcast design and graphic animation
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills
4. Exceptional organizational skills, fine attention to detail and accuracy
5. Ability to learn and take a proactive, innovative approach to projects
1. Write, produce and edit compelling on-air promos, other station break material, and special-purpose and social media videos for PBS Wisconsin, its programs, series and projects.
2. Create promo and short-form elements, spots and packages for television and digital platforms. Use and build from existing materials when applicable.
3. Localize, brand, version and deliver media from in-house and external sources.
4. Collaborate with other content creators during pre- to post-production processes, prepares materials, and handles logistics for broadcast and/or digital publications.
5. Maintain strong brand recognition by establishing goals and creating finished products.
6. May schedule and direct operational activities for content production, including live/recorded studio or field productions.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Expected salary range for this position is $42,000 – $50,000. Actual pay and title will depend on experience and qualifications.
The person in this position will be required to comply with the Ethical Guidelines for All Staff of Wisconsin Public Radio and Television located here: https://pbswisconsin.org/about/, in addition to the UW-Madison code of ethics.
The person in this role will work remotely for the time being and will eventually work from our office in Madison, Wisconsin.
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu by 10/20/2021 at 11:55pm CT. The job number is 2408296. The following must be received for your application to be complete:
2) A cover letter describing how your experience relates to the job duties and minimum and desirable qualifications;
3) Digital file or link to at least 4 examples of your video promo, production and editing work showing different stylistic message treatments. Please indicate your role for each video example;
4) At least three professional references with titles, emails, and phone numbers (include at least one supervisory reference). References will not be contacted without your knowledge.
Questions? Contact: Erin Cook, PBS Wisconsin, 821 University Avenue, Madison, WI, 53706; 608-263-0477; [email protected].