PBS Wisconsin is searching for an energetic, collaborative, and critical thinker to join our Programming team as a Programming Assistant. This position is a member of the team responsible for managing broadcast log scheduling of all interstitial messaging and on-air announcements for the four channels of PBS Wisconsin. The successful candidate will coordinate content scheduling with a variety of departments, including Marketing Communications, Development and Production. The Programming Assistant is expected to be an effective and timely communicator, work enthusiastically and collegially with staff throughout PBS Wisconsin, and be a genuine supporter of our mission. The Programming Assistant reports to the Program Schedule Manager and the department is led by the Director of Programming.
Associate’s Degree preferred.
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. At least 2 years relevant full-time experience required.
2. Must be an effective communicator.
3. Must be detail-oriented.
4. Must be able to adhere to strict deadlines and make timely effective decisions in situations that require prompt attention.
5. Strong computer skills with fluency in word processing, spreadsheets and database management, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Suite.
NOT REQUIRED BUT DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Television, radio or related media experience.
2. Experience working in broadcast traffic or operations.
3. Experience working with ProTrack software.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ASSIGNED PERCENTAGES
- 20% Schedules programs in various departments for broadcast channels and/or streaming platforms
- 25% Maintains daily logs by scheduling promotion, image, underwriting, and other messaging elements
- 20% Uses editorial discretion to determine break structure and flow
- 5% Coordinates the designation of promotional priorities with the video promotions unit
- 5% Maintains and tracks underwriting contracts to ensure compliance
- 5% Schedules logistics and secures resources for video, audio, and/or graphic materials for programming
- 20% Curates and selects University Place productions for PBS Wisconsin.
Expected salary range for this position is $50,000 up to $55,000 for highly experienced candidates who exceed the qualifications. Actual pay will depend on experience and qualifications.
The Programming department is open to considering a remote work agreement for the Programming Assistant position.
The person in this position will be required to comply with the Ethical Guidelines for Editorial Staff of Wisconsin Public Radio and Television located here: https://pbswisconsin.org/about/, in addition to the UW-Madison code of ethics.
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
HOW TO APPLY:
The following must be received for your application to be complete: 1) Resume; 2) A cover letter describing how your experience relates to the job duties and minimum and desirable qualifications. 3) A list of at least three professional references with titles, emails, and phone numbers (include at least one supervisory reference). Note that references will not be contacted without your prior knowledge.
Please apply online by December 22, 2021 at http://jobs.wisc.edu. The job number is 245747.
Questions? Contact: Kate O’Connor, 821 University Avenue, Madison, WI, 53706; 608-262-5221; [email protected].