The Next Generation intern will receive close supervision and coaching as a professional in public media, increasingly receiving more project responsibility as professional growth is demonstrated. The successful candidate will be flexible in terms of project assignments, with the option to become more heavily involved on a higher level, depending on the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and desired area of study.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (choose one of the following focus areas):
Design Focus Area:
Goal: Build understanding and competence in design work that can provide a useful skillset for someone pursuing a career in one of these facets of design. Spend time learning the ins and outs of each specialty unit within Design: Animation, Environment Design, Graphic Design, Motion Graphics and/or Interactive Design.
Development Focus Area:
Goal: Build understanding and competence in marketing and communications work that can be used either to advance a career in the field of marketing and communications and/or be a useful skillset for someone pursuing a career in media production, development, etc. Spend time learning the ins and outs of each specialty unit within Marketing/Communications: Promotions, Community Engagement, Design and Digital.
Media Production Focus Area:
Goal: Build understanding and competence in media production work that can be used either to advance a career in production and/or be a useful skill set for someone pursuing a career in development, marketing, etc. Spend time learning the ins and outs of each unit of Media Production: News, Feature Reporting, Documentaries, Digital-First and Videography/Editing
● Current enrollment in the second or higher year of study at a two to four year college, with a focus area in either production, design, marketing & engagement, or development
● Ability to work an average of 15-20 hours/week
● Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
● Some travel necessary
● Maintain the standards of journalistic ethics and excellence described in the Ethical Guidelines for Editorial Staff: https://wisconsinpublictv.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Ethics-for-Editorial-Staff.pdf
● Effectively engage diverse perspectives and experiences in all workplace interactions and demonstrate respect for others in all workplace relationships.
● Passion for public media
● Knowledge and understanding of public broadcasting journalistic ethics
$15.00 hourly rate
HOW TO APPLY
Apply at studentjobs.wisc.edu by the applications close date of May 23, 2022.