The Membership Services Specialist contributes to PBS Wisconsin’s fundraising success by ensuring the accurate and timely processing of donations, updating member records and pledges, and using developed queries to pull donor lists for fundraising campaigns and carry out data hygiene tasks.
This position staffs pre-scheduled evening and weekend shifts during membership drives, which take place mainly in March, August and late November/early December.
This position typically works out of Vilas Hall on the UW-Madison campus, however, PBS Wisconsin is currently operating remotely due to the pandemic. This job will begin as a remote position, and once in-person operations have resumed, this person in this position will have the option to work partially remotely.
DEGREE AND AREA OF SPECIALIZATION
No Degree Required
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
– 2 years of experience in a role that included significant data entry
– 2 years of experience in a role that involved interpreting and editing customer or donor records in a CRM
– Exceptional attention to detail as evidenced by experience entering and/or manipulating data, while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and efficiency
– Ability to use and quickly learn common office software (Microsoft Office, databases)
– Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and meet deadlines independently
– Commitment to respectful, open workplace communications, both verbally and in writing
– Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage stress during times of heavy workload
– Availability to work overtime hours during membership drives, held 5-6 weeks per year, including scheduled evening and weekend shifts
– Physical ability to sit or stand at a desk and use a computer, keyboard and mouse for several hours at a time
NOT REQUIRED BUT DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
– Experience in gift processing or customer payment processing
– Experience carrying out data management procedures within a CRM, such as mass record updates and building and running queries and reports
– Experience in nonprofit fundraising
– Appreciation for the services and mission of public broadcasting
– Manages and manipulates member data and records daily with exceptional accuracy and timeliness to meet deadlines.
– Processes and records member financial transactions and payment method updates daily, following established policies and procedures in accordance with data security protocols.
– Serves as a point of contact to colleagues and assists with inquiries and member requests in accordance with established membership best practices, policies, and procedures.
– Utilizes developed queries to create donor lists for various membership campaigns.
– Schedules and sends template-based email campaigns.
– Conducts data hygiene tasks based on scheduled database queries and clean-up tools. Analyzes membership data, reports and records, identifies discrepancies, investigates, recommends, and implements basic solutions as needed.
– Reviews data entry of on-site volunteers and call-center agents during scheduled membership drive shifts.
– Collaborates with colleagues to actively contribute to unit planning and strategy.
– Engages in training, answers questions, and serves as a resource to the unit.
Minimum hourly rate for this position is $21.00 and will depend on qualifications. The occupant of this position is expected to comply with both the UW and PBS Wisconsin code of ethics: https://pbswisconsin.org/about/
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online by April 4, 2021 (www.jobs.wisc.edu). The job number is 232176.
The following must be received for your application to be complete: 1) Resume; 2) A cover letter describing your professional work experience working in customer services, fundraising and databases; 3) a list of at least three professional references with titles, emails, and phone numbers (include at least one supervisory reference).
Questions? Contact: Kate O’Connor, PBS Wisconsin, 821 University Avenue, Madison, WI, 53706; 608-262-5221, [email protected]