Join a team of dedicated individuals who provide exemplary customer service to the members and listeners of Wisconsin Public Radio. The Membership Services Associate will collaborate on developing new practices and workflows in our new database that will support an exciting future for public broadcasting in Wisconsin. Use your creative problem-solving, organizational and communication skills to foster philanthropic relationships. The Member Services Associate reports to the Membership Services Manager, and is part of the WPR Development Department.
WPR will be hiring two full-time Membership Services Associates.
The Membership Services Department is responsible for donor customer service, donation management, and account maintenance. The department plays a vital, relationship-building role, as it’s often the only point of contact some members will have with WPR. It’s also critical to our financial sustainability, processing all donations, from various sources, in a secure and accurate manner, while advancing communication plans that ensure revenue retention and growth.
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years of successful experience in a call center or customer service-related position. This includes success in problem-solving for internal and external customers.
- Ability to function independently and collaboratively with little or no direct supervision as part of a small, interactive department.
- High degree of comfort and interest in technology; ability to effectively use Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Word, and Outlook), and build workflows in evolving databases (especially Customer Relationship Management) and other software.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and change focus quickly while maintaining accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence and effectiveness in interpersonal communication, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism while working with sensitive personal information and private communications.
- Commitment to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion through our work and interactions.
- Ability to work productively at a computer and desk for long periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally work flexible and variable hours, as needed, to achieve goals. Ability to work early morning, evening and weekend hours during member drives (3-4 drives annually).
NOT REQUIRED BUT DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge of public broadcasting media. Financial or accounting background helpful.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu by 10/15/19. The job number is 109564. All of the following must be received for your application to be complete: 1) Resume; 2) A cover letter describing how your experience relates to the job duties and minimum and desirable qualifications.
As applicants progress to interviews, they will need to provide at least three professional references with titles, emails, and phone numbers (include at least one supervisory reference).
Questions? Contact: Erin Cook Wisconsin Public Radio, 821 University Avenue, Madison, WI, 53706; 608-263-0477; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using organizational business rules and customer service standards, share responsibility as main contact for membership questions and concerns, via phone, email and paper correspondence.
- Manage a variety of pledge and payment processes including credit card and EFT charges, scanned payment files from banks, physical check payments, daily deposit files, and more. Research and resolve issues.
- Partner with other development fundraising staff and financial manager to ensure successful reconciliation of major giving efforts.
- Provide support for membership drives by providing training and support for other staff in drive customer service and donation processing.
- Collaborate with Membership and Development team colleagues to actively contribute to unit planning and strategy discussions revolving around fundraising, membership management and more.
- Comply with UW and WPR code of ethics: https://www.wpr.org/wpr-ethical-guidelines.
- Demonstrate respect for others in all work-related relationships and interactions.
- Effectively engage diverse perspectives and experiences in work product and in organizational interactions, including communication and decision-making.
- Other duties as assigned or apparent.