The Division of Wisconsin Public Media (WPM) consists of PBS Wisconsin and Wisconsin Public Radio (WPR). We deliver programming over the airways, television and online. Our reporters, educators and producers serve all audiences throughout Wisconsin, delivering on the Wisconsin Idea. WPM is composed of 27 radio stations and four television channels and reaches over 1.4 million listeners and viewers in the state.
The WPM Human Resources (HR) team consists of four individuals that serve PBS Wisconsin and Wisconsin Public Radio, which consists of a staff of roughly 350 individuals. We practice an inclusive business partnership model that seeks to welcome and encourage many different perspectives and voices, and are looking to hire students to join our team that will enjoy process creation, are detail-oriented, and have great communication skills. As part of the WPM HR Team, there will be opportunities for progressively increasing responsibility as you successfully complete the role and to possibly continue employment for the duration of your student career.
POSITION SUMMARY/JOB DUTIES
This position will support all HR programs and functions including, but not limited to, WPM HR recruitment efforts, personnel file management, and meeting facilitation requests that our team receives.
- Set up and assist with coordination of the recruitment process, such as redacting applicant materials, facilitating access to applicant materials, scheduling support for applicants/committee members, post job advertisements, completing recruitment reports and more.
- Create process and procedural documentation for all projects worked on.
- Convert paper personnel file documents into electronic records.
- Coordinate meeting facilitation activities carried out by the WPM HR Team.
- Respond to inquiries in the WPM HR shared email inbox as appropriate, or triage.
- Attend HR meetings when possible for learning opportunities and clerical support.
- A current student enrolled in a degree program, with the flexibility to transition between on-site shifts and virtual shifts, as required based on the University’s ongoing pandemic response.
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take the initiative rapidly completing projects with great follow-through skills.
- Proficient with current technology skills, including MS Suite, Google Docs/Sheets, and/or ability to learn and use additional useful technologies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Effective skills in researching useful best practices.
- Dedication to promoting and creating diversity and inclusion at WPM.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team setting.
- Organized and dependable work habits and willingness to take initiative.
- Commitment to providing friendly, responsive service to our stakeholders and staff.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative on rapidly completing projects, with great follow-through skills.
Ability to sit at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Honoring Context and Culture
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Communication
- Professionalism/Work Ethic
- Career Management
Apply at https://studentjobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/499894/hr-support by 10/20/21. The job number is 499894. A completed application will include:
- A comprehensive resume.
- A detailed cover letter explaining how you meet the qualifications and why this internship meets your career development aspirations.
- A list of two (2) personal or professional references, including an email contact for each (references may be tied to your academic career).
Direct inquiries and online support questions to: Erin Cook, PBS Wisconsin, 821 University Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, 608-263-0477.