PBS Wisconsin is searching for our next Graphic Designer, a creative and collaborative individual who will report to the Creative Manager within the Design department. This position is responsible for the conceptualization and design of production materials, promotional collateral, environmental graphics, social media, web and marketing assets across platforms. As part of a multi-faceted creative team, this position is key to advancing the mission of PBS Wisconsin through high-quality visual design.
DEGREE AND AREA OF SPECIALIZATION
Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field preferred.
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years of digital, print, and multi-platform design experience required
- At least 3 years of experience with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong hands-on design skills and abilities, including layout, color, typography, and graphic elements
- Experience working with photography assets. Must be demonstrated in work samples.
- Evidence of strong communication skills
NOT REQUIRED BUT DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in high-demand, multimedia organizations
- Experience designing for social media and web environments
- Experience directing photography shoots
- Ability to create original illustrations
- Create and produce original designs for print, digital and multimedia production projects for PBS Wisconsin.
- Serve as Art Director on projects, as needed. Create a cohesive visual style and ensure consistency across disciplines. Lead other designers and creative professionals in aspects of projects across all media.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the PBS Wisconsin organization, including engaging in and responding to creative feedback.
- Schedule logistics, secure resources, organize, and monitor projects adhering to established workflows and timelines.
- Analyze and identify cost effective options to meet project requirements.
- Work with Design Coordinator and external vendors to manage printing processes.
- Direct, coordinate and supervise work of freelance designers and/or photographers.
- Organize, maintain and archive working files according to established department processes.
- Comply with both the UW and PBS Wisconsin code of ethics: https://pbswisconsin.org/about/
- Effectively engage diverse perspectives and experiences in work products and in organizational interactions, and demonstrate respect for others in all workplace relationships. Support an equitable, diverse and inclusive work environment.
Expected salary range for this position is in the upper 40,000’s to upper 50,000’s for highly experienced candidates who exceed the qualifications. Actual pay and title will depend on experience and qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume, letter of interest, and 3-5 work samples that demonstrate your approach and success creating graphic designs. The work samples should focus on showcasing a breadth and depth in approach. Feel free to include narrative background and context for your work samples.
As applicants progress to interviews, they will need to provide at least three professional references with titles, emails, and phone numbers (including at least one supervisory reference).
Apply online at https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu by 6/25/20. The job number is 223043.
Questions? Contact: Erin Cook, PBS Wisconsin, 821 University Avenue, Madison, WI, 53706; 608-263-0477; [email protected].