PBS Wisconsin’s multifaceted Design Department creates graphic design, motion graphics, scenic design, animation and interactive design materials across the PBS Wisconsin organization. This position will report to the Creative Manager for Graphic Design.
Work up to 20 hours per week. Exact hours and days are flexible based on class schedule and availability but should primarily be between the hours of Monday – Friday 9 AM – 6 PM. Ideal candidates would be available through the 2020-2021 school year.
- Be a full-time student enrolled at a college/university, or technical/vocational program.
- Must have experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Demonstrate design knowledge and experience with layout, color, typography, and graphic elements.
- Experience working with photography and web assets is preferred.
- Graphic Design majors preferred, but not mandatory.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Creative and collaborative, with strong communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of print processes and color systems is a plus.
POSITION SUMMARY/JOB DUTIES:
- Design and produce communication and promotional pieces for print, digital and television production projects for PBS Wisconsin. This includes designing promotional collateral, environmental graphics and signs, as well as social media, web and production assets.
- Gain experience and training by collaborating with design professionals across graphic design, motion graphics, animation, and scenic design.
- Collaborate with teams across the PBS Wisconsin organization.
- Work with Design Coordinator to order print materials and manage print vendors.
- Organize and archive project files appropriately.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at https://studentjobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/listing/ by 2/24/20. The job number is 496060. All the following must be received for your application to be complete:
1) Resume; 2) A cover letter describing how your experience relates to the job duties and minimum and desirable qualifications; 3) A portfolio of graphic design work samples.
As applicants progress to interviews, they will need to provide at least three professional references with titles, emails, and phone numbers (include at least one supervisory reference).
Questions? Contact: Erin Cook, PBS Wisconsin, 821 University Avenue, Madison, WI, 53706; 608-263-0477; firstname.lastname@example.org.