Wisconsin Public Media houses both Wisconsin Public Radio and PBS Wisconsin. This position will provide administrative assistance and support to the Director of Wisconsin Public Media.
3 years experience working in an administrative support role in a complex organization.
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer/communication tools typically used in an office environment.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
Strong organizational skills.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to work independently in completing complex administrative duties.
Experience working in a University/College setting.
Experience using business social media tools.
Provides administrative support for a leadership position with institutional influence and oversight (Chancellor, Vice Chancellor, Associate Vice Chancellor, Dean, Provost, Vice Provost, Associate Vice Provost, Institutional Director/Chief). Utilizes discretion and operates independently with minimal supervision.
- 25% Schedules logistics for meetings, conferences, and travel and organizes schedules for a leadership position with institution wide authority
- 20% Compiles, screens, and evaluates correspondence and reports and recommends actions
- 25% Develops and facilitates communications of varying complexity between various internal and external stakeholders
- 10% Manages the organization, auditing, security, and confidentiality of records and files
- 5% Monitors budgets and reviews and approves expenditures
- 10% Assists with the management and monitoring of advocacy activities
- 5% May exercise supervisory authority, including hiring, transferring, suspending, promoting, managing conduct and performance, discharging, assigning, rewarding, disciplining, and/or approving hours worked of employee(s)
Associate’s Degree preferred
Minimum $55,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Expected salary range for this position is $55,000-$65,000 for highly experienced candidates who exceed the qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply at jobs.wisc.edu by April 5th, 2022. The job number is 254649.
The following must be received for your application to be complete: 1) Resume; 2) A cover letter describing how your experience relates to the listed required and preferred job qualifications. 3) A list of at least three professional references with titles, emails, and phone numbers (include at least one supervisory reference). Note that references will not be contacted without your prior knowledge.
Questions? Contact: Kate O’Connor, 821 University Avenue, Madison, WI, 53706; 608-262-5221.