The Event Coordinator provides support for events for PBS Wisconsin and Friends of PBS Wisconsin, including Garden & Landscape Expo and The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show. These annual fundraising and community engagement events each draw more than 20,000 attendees and include hundreds of vendors and volunteers. The Event Coordinator oversees complex logistical details, provides customer support, and monitors event data and transactions. This position reports to the Expo Manager and is part of the Development Department.
1. Minimum of three years of experience in event planning.
2. Experience scheduling and organizing complex event logistics with attention to detail.
3. Experience monitoring and processing data and transactions.
4. Experience providing customer service and support.
5. Strong written and verbal communication with customers, stakeholders, and colleagues in many different areas.
1. Experience with project management tools and database applications.
2. Experience with event registration and ecommerce platforms.
3. Experience in the development and delivery of marketing and communication materials.
4. Experience overseeing or providing leadership support to staff and/or volunteers.
5. Experience working in or managing a call center with a high volume of traffic.
Plans, schedules, documents, and supports service delivery for events using established policies and procedures to meet customer needs and ensure event compliance with institutional policy.
- 10% Communicates with customers to determine event details and requirements, evaluates requests, recommends service plans and pricing, and provides status updates
- 25% Schedules logistics and secures resources for all aspects of events including space, vendors, and staff; and coordinates details and resolves operational issues
- 25% Monitors and processes event related transactions and event data and records
- 25% Greets customers/guests, assists with registration, answers questions, and refers complex issues to appropriate entities
- 10% Assists with planning and the creation of promotional materials and resources for events
- 5% Oversees the work and scheduling of a small team of part-time seasonal employees
Minimum $19.23 HOURLY
Depending on Qualifications
Actual pay will depend on experience and qualifications.
This is an hourly position with an expected annual rate in the low to mid-$40’s range. Actual pay will depend on experience and qualifications. PBS Wisconsin offers a comprehensive benefits package, including generous vacation, sick leave, healthcare, and pension.
The person in this position will be required to comply with the Ethical Guidelines for All Staff of Wisconsin Public Radio and Television located here: https://pbswisconsin.org/about/, in addition to the UW-Madison code of ethics.
This position typically works Monday through Friday 9:00-5:00, and some evenings and/or weekends for events. Additionally, the person in this position must be able to occasionally lift and carry heavy items and move throughout the event venue over several long days.
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by 11:55pm on the applications close date. The job number is 257574.
The following must be received for your application to be complete: 1) Resume; 2) A cover letter describing how your experience relates to the listed required and preferred job qualifications. 3) A list of at least three professional references with titles, emails, and phone numbers (include at least one supervisory reference). Note that references will not be contacted without your prior knowledge.
Questions? Contact: Erin Cook, 821 University Avenue, Madison, WI, 53706; 608-263-0477.