The Early Learning Engagement Specialist at PBS Wisconsin plans and delivers professional development and engagement activities that activate PBS Wisconsin Education and PBS KIDS content with educators across the state to support Wisconsin’s youngest learners. The person in this position identifies and develops relationships with partners to design and deliver for-credit training that serves the needs of educators in pre-K through 2nd grade classrooms and early childhood professionals in childcare environments across Wisconsin. Together with one other Early Learning Engagement Specialist, the person in this position ensures adherence to policy, assists with program administration, and strives to expand and ensure access to program materials and educational services for diverse audiences. This position reports to the Manager of Education Engagement.
DEGREE AND AREA OF SPECIALIZATION
- Bachelor’s degree required. Early Childhood or Elementary Education program preferred.
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years of experience in PreK-2nd education and/or childcare environments
- Experience facilitating trainings or events for PreK-2nd grade educators and/or early childhood professionals
- Experience facilitating in person and/or virtual engagement events for kids aged 2-8
- Demonstrated evidence of excellent written and verbal communication skills
NOT REQUIRED BUT DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Fluency in a language other than English
- Familiarity with the Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards
- Familiarity with the Wisconsin Registry’s Trainer & Technical Assistance Professional program, and willingness to pursue Tier 1 certification
- Familiarity or experience with public media education content
- Familiarity with disparities in educational environments and a commitment to advancing educational equity
- Cultivates and maintains partnerships with organizations that serve early learning educators such as the Wisconsin Early Childhood Association (WECA), Head Start, the Registry, the statewide Cooperative Educational Service Agency (CESA) network, school districts, and other formal educational organizations.
- Utilizes PBS Wisconsin and PBS KIDS resources to design and facilitate engagement workshops, trainings, and events for early childhood professionals in pre-K through 2nd grade classrooms and childcare environments across Wisconsin.
- Schedules and secures resources and communicates logistics in support of education engagement programming.
- Collaborates on funding proposal preparation, execution and reporting requirements, including project budgets.
- Monitors trends in education pedagogy and remains current on early learning media/technology methodology.
- Assists with the communication of PBS Wisconsin Education’s early learning events and resources.
Expected salary range for this position is $48,000 up to $55,000 for highly experienced candidates who exceed the qualifications. Actual pay will depend on experience and qualifications.
This position will require the ability to work some evenings, weekends and to travel around Wisconsin to create, steward and collaborate with partners, educators, and school districts as projects warrant. Some national travel for partner meetings and professional development may be an opportunity. This position is expected to start remotely with the expectation of moving back on site to Vilas Hall at some point.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu by May 5, 2021. The job number is 233272. The following must be received for your application to be complete: 1) Resume; 2) A cover letter describing how your experience relates to the job duties and minimum and desirable qualifications; 3) A 1 page narrative describing an educator professional development experience you led or managed. Please include your role, the goals, and the outcomes of this experience.
Questions? Contact: Kate O’Connor, PBS Wisconsin, 821 University Avenue, Madison, WI, 53706; 608-262-5221, email@example.com