The Early Learning Engagement Specialist at PBS Wisconsin plans, promotes, and delivers professional development opportunities for early childhood educators across Wisconsin focusing on meaningful media integration leveraging programming and resources from PBS KIDS. The person in this position identifies and develops partnerships with early childhood organizations, agencies, and networks to identify and serve the needs of educators serving Wisconsin’s youngest learners, with an emphasis on alignment with the Wisconsin Registry Professional Development Approval System. Together with one other Early Learning Engagement Specialist, the person in this position ensures adherence to policy, assists with program administration, and strives to expand and ensure access to program materials and educational services for diverse audiences. This position reports to the Manager of Education Engagement.
DEGREE AND AREA OF SPECIALIZATION
Bachelor’s Degree required. Early Childhood or Elementary Education program preferred.
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
-At least 2 years of experience teaching or training others in an early childhood setting (childcare centers, PreK, Head Start, or other preschool programs)
-Experience planning and delivering professional development for educators and/or childcare providers
-Demonstrated evidence of excellent written and verbal communication skills
NOT REQUIRED BUT DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
-Experience facilitating in person and/or virtual community education programs for kids and/or their families and guardians
-Experience utilizing PBS resources in early learning settings
-Familiarity with the Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards
-Familiarity with the Wisconsin Registry’s Trainer & Technical Assistance Professional program, and willingness to pursue Tier 1 certification
-Fluency in a language other than English
-Familiarity with disparities in educational environments and a commitment to advancing educational equity
1. Plans and leads professional development opportunities for educators working in childcare centers, Head Start, PreK, and other preschool settings around the state to increase educator awareness, confidence, and capacity in utilizing media resources from PBS KIDS to build social-emotional learning, STEM, and literacy skills with young learners.
2. Cultivates and maintains partnerships with organizations that serve early learning educators such as the Wisconsin Early Childhood Association (WECA), Head Start, the Registry, the Wisconsin Early Childhood Collaborating Partners, and other formal educational organizations and networks.
3. Schedules and secures resources and communicates logistics in support of education engagement programming.
4. Supports Ready to Learn grant execution and rigorous reporting requirements, including managing and adhering to project budgets.
5. Stays abreast of classroom media, lessons, educator engagement resources, and evaluation tools from PBS KIDS and apply them to engagement opportunities that reach early learning educators.
6. Assists with the communication of PBS Wisconsin Education’s early learning events and resources.
Minimum $48,000 depending on qualifications
Expected salary range for this position is $48,000 up to $55,000 for highly experienced candidates who exceed the qualifications. Actual pay will depend on experience and qualifications.
This position will require the ability to work some evenings, weekends and to travel around Wisconsin to create, steward and collaborate with partners, educators, and school districts as projects warrant. Some national travel for partner meetings and professional development may be an opportunity. This position is expected to start remotely with the expectation of moving back on site to Vilas Hall at some point.
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu by July 26, 2021. The job number is 236941. The following must be received for your application to be complete: 1) Resume; 2) A cover letter describing how your experience relates to the job duties and minimum and desirable qualifications- applicants are encouraged to address their familiarity with early childhood professional development certification needs and any experience working with early childhood organizations, agencies or networks to deliver professional development that meets partner goals; 3) A 1-page narrative describing your experience leading professional development (PD) for other educators. Please include your role, the goal, and the outcomes of this experience.
Questions? Contact: Kate O’Connor, PBS Wisconsin, 821 University Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, (608) 262-5221, [email protected]