PBS Wisconsin is searching for our next Creative Manager, an innovative and collaborative leader who will serve as one of two key design team managers reporting to the Creative Director within the Design department. This position oversees graphic design and motion graphics, managing the look and feel of key projects as part of a large, dynamic design team. The role helps manage workflows and assignments, quality control and station brand, and ensures projects come in on time and according to specification in a very complex design environment. The Creative Manager supervises a team of designers and will share the management of the department Design Coordinator.
DEGREE AND AREA OF SPECIALIZATION
Bachelor’s degree in design, commercial/applied art or related field required
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years of design management experience required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including evidence of ability to work collaboratively within and across teams and projects
- Strong hands-on design skills and abilities
- Ability to manage, mentor and work effectively and efficiently with direct reports/designers
- Strong project and time management skills
NOT REQUIRED BUT DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Digital, print and multi-platform design experience
- Experience in high-demand, multi-media organizations
- Manage design workflows, working with the Creative Director on managing priorities, capacity, timelines, and budgets of Design projects.
- Manage Design team members, including making assignments, providing coaching and evaluations, and managing output and work quality.
- Serve as principal designer and/or Art Director on projects, as needed.
- Work with Design Coordinator to identify and manage freelance services, vendors and suppliers as needed to accommodate resource demands and/or project requirements.
- Communicate the goals, procedures and accomplishments of the Design department to Creative Director and direct reports.
- Work with staff across PBS Wisconsin to establish and manage Design projects and be a positive advocate for Design within the organization.
- Comply with both the UW and PBS Wisconsin code of ethics: https://pbswisconsin.org/about/
- Effectively engage diverse perspectives and experiences in work products and in organizational interactions, and demonstrate respect for others in all workplace relationships. Support an equitable, diverse and inclusive work environment.
We expect this position to pay in the $66-70,000 range depending on experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu by 1/5/20. The job number is 200971. For consideration please submit a resume, letter of interest and 3-5 work samples and/or case studies that demonstrate your approach and success leading design teams or projects. The work samples can include any format of work (eg – Print/2D, video, animation, digital, etc) but should focus on showcasing a breadth and depth in approach. Feel free to include narrative background/context for work samples.
As applicants progress to interviews, they will need to provide at least three professional references with titles, emails, and phone numbers (include at least one supervisory reference).
Questions? Contact: Erin Cook, PBS Wisconsin, 821 University Avenue, Madison, WI, 53706; 608-262-0477; [email protected].