This position manages the information technologies components of WPR’s broadcast and networking infrastructure. Responsibility includes planning, installing, securing and supporting all broadcast IT and networking systems in the statewide operation. Reports to the Broadcast Network Manager.
DEGREE AND AREA OF SPECIALIZATION
Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the IT or network engineering field with extensive knowledge of current network and IT standards, networking protocols (including multicast and BGP), network security best practices, LAN/WAN architectures and physical network design. Must have direct experience with VMWare ESXi/Vsphere and iSCSI storage networking, and Cisco IOS. Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License or ability to obtain one is required.
NOT REQUIRED BUT DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Familiarity with Cisco NX-OS, Fortinet Security Fabric, Dell EMC Networking, Linux server administration, Ruby and Python programming languages, VoIP system configuration and management, Telos Livewire+ or other AoIP systems, previous broadcast IT experience.
- Assist in the design, construction, operation and maintenance of all broadcast IT and networking systems. Uphold software, firmware and hardware configuration standards.
- Enforce all network security protocols necessary to protect WPR’s infrastructure. Ensure compliance with university standards.
- Research, explore and test new solutions and products.
- Maintain threat detection and performance monitoring systems, respond to alerts and provide after-hours support of systems and equipment.
- Create, verify and maintain accurate documentation of configurations, wiring, procedures and inventories.
- Use of state or UW owned vehicles to regularly travel to WPR regional offices around the state to support systems and equipment. Trips will sometimes occur on short notice.
- Comply with the UW Madison and WPR code of ethics and guidelines shown here: https://www.wpr.org/wpr-ethical-guidelines.
- Effectively engage diverse perspectives and experiences in workplace interactions and demonstrate respect for others in all workplace relationships. Support an equitable, diverse and inclusive work environment.
SALARY AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Salary is minimum $62,500 – $70,500 for highly qualified, experienced candidates. Actual pay and title will depend on experience and qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu by 9/30/20. The job number is 226531. The following must be received for your application to be complete:
- A cover letter describing how your experience relates to the job duties and minimum and desirable qualifications
As applicants progress to interviews, they will need to provide at least three professional references with titles, emails, and phone numbers (include at least one supervisory reference). Questions Contact: Erin Cook, Wisconsin Public Radio, 821 University Avenue, Madison, WI, 53706; 608-262-0477.