Audience Services is the front line for communication between the listeners/viewers and staff of Wisconsin Public Radio and Television (WPR and WPT). This position answers questions about programming, membership, reception & technical issues over the phone and via email. Customer service and multi-tasking skills are vital. Additionally, this position may require periodic project work that will require completion with little or no supervision. This position reports to the Audience Services Manager.
WPR/WPT will be hiring two part-time Audience Services Associates.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu by 9/19/19. The job number is 109234. All of the following must be received for your application to be complete: 1) Resume; 2) A cover letter describing how your experience relates to the job duties and minimum and desirable qualifications.
Finalists will be asked to submit at least three professional references including e-mail and phone contact information; at least one must be a supervisory reference.
Questions? Contact: Erin Cook, Wisconsin Public Television, 821 University Avenue, Madison, WI, 53706; 608-263-0477; [email protected].
Audience Services and Reception
- Appropriately receives and directs all visitors and guests.
- Uses organizational business rules and customer service standards to independently support audience/member issues and requests, both verbal and written, using multiple databases or other resources. Incorporates fundraising into communication with listeners and viewers when possible. Recognizes, documents, and alerts the supervisor of trends in viewer and listener calls.
- Provides a high standard of service by using strong written and verbal communication skills during interactions with members.
- Provides support to WPT and WPR staff by screening and transferring incoming phone calls to appropriate staff and assisting with general facility and supply inquiries.
- Correspond with audience members, log calls in real-time, research answers, conduct file maintenance on databases and perform other general duties
- Experience maintaining focus in the face of multiple distractions
- Performs opening and closing duties for reception, conference rooms and Audience Services area as needed; maintains professional appearance of reception area and conference rooms.
- May be required to function as back-up to the receptionist for duties involving facilities, employee contact information database, key inventory and mailbox assignment.
- Operates a web-based call distribution software.
- Performs clerical duties such as filing, copying, preparing mailings and data entry as needed.
- Manages and completes projects and other duties as apparent or assigned.
- Ensures general security and reports any suspicious behavior with appropriate urgency.
- Recognizes and recommends opportunities for process improvements and ways to provide service to audience members and colleagues.
- Complies with WPR/WPT code of ethics: https://www.wpr.org/wpr-ethical-guidelines.
- Demonstrates commitment and respect to supporting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Maintains a friendly and outgoing attitude to create a welcoming atmosphere for guests and staff on the telephone and in person.
- Operate in a shared workspace.
DEGREE AND AREA OF SPECIALIZATION REQUIRED
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in customer service, membership, telemarketing or fundraising (or other related field), which includes using databases and working directly with donors or customers.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills.
- Comfort and experience working with diverse and multicultural communities.
- Experience typing/inputting data efficiently with few or no errors.
- Ability to operate a computer while seated for extended periods
NOT REQUIRED BUT DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working collaboratively with a team to meet goals.
- Enthusiasm for the missions of WPR and WPT.
- Ability to complete projects with little to no supervision.
Expected salary range for this position is $15.50 – $16.50/hour. Actual pay will be based on previous related experience and qualifications.