This position works as a key part of PBS Wisconsin’s communication and marketing department, devising strategic communication and marketing strategies and the tactical implementation of full promotional campaigns and stand–alone projects, writing, social media management and other duties. Be a key part of a motivated team of communicators in promoting PBS Wisconsin’s local and national programs, community engagement and education, major events and development efforts. Reports to the Promotion Manager.
DEGREE AND AREA OF SPECIALIZATION
Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field.
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in professional communications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously on deadline.
- Strong and proven editing skills, with knowledge of current Associated Press Stylebook guidelines.
- Basic understanding of both traditional, new and social media.
- Passion for the mission and vision of public media.
NOT REQUIRED BUT DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Problem solving ability to work proactively and independently with limited direction.
- Ability to work non-standard hours in support of major activities and emergencies.
- Experience developing and implementing marketing and promotion plans for major events.
- Perform writing and strategic promotion duties for PBS Wisconsin projects and events as assigned by the Promotion Manager.
- Create and manage communication strategies for full campaigns and stand–alone projects for PBS Wisconsin, including promotion of the annual Great Wisconsin Quilt Show and other events, community engagement and education projects, local and national projects and other projects, as assigned by Promotion Manager and as determined by PBS Wisconsin promotional priorities.
- Coordinate with other staff within PBS Wisconsin to meet goals and deadlines for creation, production, purchasing and delivery.
- Utilize new and traditional media in these strategies to meet PBS Wisconsin ‘s communication goals, reach the proper audiences for each project and consistently represent PBS Wisconsin in the best light possible.
- Assist in the management of PBS Wisconsin social media efforts, creating and implementing strategies for promoting PBS Wisconsin and our projects in existing and emerging new media.
- Complete other online and program information-related tasks as part of PBS Wisconsin communication and marketing department, including writing for blogs, email marketing and the Airwaves Member Magazine.
Expected salary range for this position is mid to upper 40,000’s to low 50,000’s for highly experienced candidates who exceed the qualifications. Actual pay will depend on experience and qualifications.
The person in this position is required to comply with the Ethical Guidelines for Editorial Staff of PBS Wisconsin, found here: https://pbswisconsin.org/about/.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu by 3/17/21. The job number is 231721. The following must be received for your application to be complete: 1) Resume; 2) A cover letter describing how your experience relates to the job duties and minimum and desirable qualifications. 3) Two writing samples that demonstrate your ability to effectively communicate across different platforms.
As applicants progress to interviews, they will need to provide at least three professional references with titles, emails, and phone numbers (include at least one supervisory reference).
Questions? Contact: Erin Cook, PBS Wisconsin, 821 University Avenue, Madison, WI, 53706; 608-263-0477.