At-Home Learning Continues With PBS Wisconsin
March 17, 2021 Leave a Comment
It has been one year since the the COVID-19 pandemic led to some schools closing their physical classrooms in exchange for virtual ones.
At that time, PBS Wisconsin and Milwaukee PBS announced an ambitious plan, in partnership with the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, to support at-home learning for students and families by broadcasting a new weekday television schedule of programming with digital resources that connect to Wisconsin’s state academic standards.
In response to learners, educators and caregivers’ needs changing over the past year, PBS Wisconsin adapted the educational resources available in their at-home learning suite to best fit Wisconsin students’ educational goals.
At pbswisconsin.org/familyresources, you will currently find:
- downloadable broadcast schedules for The Wisconsin Channel (PBS Wisconsin-2) and PBS Wisconsin KIDS 24/7 Channel (PBS Wisconsin-4) with links to free, corresponding digital learning resources;
- downloadable weekly, printable packets for PreK-2 learners (available in both Spanish and English);
- daily activity calendars filled with various PBS KIDS activities to try each day of the month;
- collections of digital media resources categorized by grade level — early learning and elementary school; upper elementary and middle school; and high school;
- educator resources, including professional development events.