The Video Promotion Producer is responsible for the production of on-air promotion spots, other station break material and special-purpose videos. Activities include managing and producing projects from concept through completion, writing, production, and editing. The Video Promotion Producer works independently and collaborates with others. This position is part of the communication staff responsible for developing and presenting clear, consistent and effective communication about Wisconsin Public Television (WPT) in all media. Some night/weekend work is required. Reports to the Video Promotions Manager.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply through https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/501397/video-promotion-producer. The job number is 98704-AS. Please include:
- A detailed cover letter outlining how your experience and skills relate to this position;
- A resume;
- A digital file or link to at least 4 examples of your video promo, production, and editing work showing different stylistic message treatments; indicate your role for each video example;
- A list including email addresses for 3 references, including at least one supervisory reference.
Direct inquiries and online support questions to: Erin Cook, Wisconsin Public Television, 821 University Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, 608-263-0477; [email protected].
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write, produce, and edit compelling on-air promos and other station break material for WPT, its programs, series, and projects. This includes working with other staff to establish goals and create finished products.
- Create promo elements, spots, and packages for television. Use and build from existing materials when applicable.
- Localize, brand, and version media from in-house and external sources.
- Prepare and deliver media for broadcast.
- Work in assigned teams on long-term image campaigns for WPT, its programs and projects; produce broadcast and non-broadcast video as determined by needs of the project and WPT.
- Write, produce and edit special-purpose videos including program opens and other material, marketing presentations, fundraising videos, and other projects.
- Keep organized records and digital archives of projects.
- Coordinate and schedule in-house production services as necessary.
- Perform routine departmental activities.
- Effectively engage diverse populations and experiences, and demonstrate respect for others in all workplace relationships and interactions.
- Comply with UW and UWEX code of ethics: http://bami.uwex.edu.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while editing including extended workdays or work weeks when on deadline.
- Fine motor coordination to effectively manipulate edit controls, clearly see monitors, hear all audio including delicate nuances, and see video and audio level monitors
- Job requires some travel, primarily within the state of Wisconsin.
- Collaboration skills to achieve a successful work product with team members who may have divergent opinions.
- Persistence and resilience in the face of delays or changes.
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Communication Arts, Film & Media, or related field preferred; or equivalent work experience and training.
- 2 or more years of professional video production experience.
- Experience effectively using voice over, sound bites, nat sound, video, music, sound effects and graphic elements to create accurate and effective promotional media.
- Record of consistently meeting deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to learn, and a pro-active approach.
- Ability to work independently, in teams, and with direction from a client.
- Hands-on writing skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Experience with Avid Media Composer, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop.
DESIRABLE BUT NOT REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in television broadcasting.
- Experience with promotional or commercial spot production.
- Experience with video shoot direction, sound design, audio production, broadcast design, graphic animation.
- Experience shooting video.
- Knowledge of copyright protocol.
SALARY: Minimum $40,000 with actual pay dependent upon experience, qualifications and title. UW-Extension offers a comprehensive benefits package. The overview of benefits can be seen here: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/