PBS Wisconsin is seeking an events professional to advance the organization’s fundraising, development, community and volunteer engagement efforts. Within PBS Wisconsin’s events department, this individual will be expected to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues, volunteers, donors and external partners/vendors. This position will be responsible for PBS Wisconsin Auction, Great Wisconsin Quilt Show call center, and provide support to PBS Wisconsin’s events, expos and fundraising activities throughout the year. This position coordinates, trains and works with teams of volunteers and does not supervise a staff. Reports to the Director of Events.
- Oversee the successful coordination and growth of PBS Wisconsin’s annual online Auction.
- Coordinate the Great Wisconsin Quilt Show call center.
- Support PBS Wisconsin’s events, membership, development, and fundraising activities including and not limited to Sweepstakes, Wisconsin Garden & Landscape Expo, and Great Wisconsin Quilt Show.
- Communicate and build trusting relationships with PBS Wisconsin donors, volunteers, and community partners.
- Steward Auction donors throughout the calendar year.
- Collaborate with PBS Wisconsin colleagues to advance individual, departmental, and station goals/priorities.
- Coordinate volunteer schedules, train volunteers.
- Meet event/fundraising goals and stay on track within detailed project timelines.
- Comply with both the UW and PBS Wisconsin code of ethics: https://pbswisconsin.org/about/
- Effectively engage diverse perspectives and experiences in work products and in organizational interactions and demonstrate respect for others in all workplace relationships. Support an equitable, diverse, and inclusive work environment.
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Minimum 2 years of professional experience in coordinating fundraising events, development and/or marketing.
NOT REQUIRED BUT DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Experience coordinating and working with volunteers. Comfortable working in databases.
Expected salary range for this position is mid-forties to mid-fifties for highly experienced candidates who exceed the qualifications. Actual pay will depend on experience and qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu by March 30, 2020. The job number is 221485. All the following must be received for your application to be complete: 1) Resume; 2) A cover letter describing how your experience relates to the job duties and minimum and desirable qualifications.
As applicants progress to interviews, they will need to provide at least three professional references with titles, emails, and phone numbers (include at least one supervisory reference).
Questions? Contact: Erin Cook, PBS Wisconsin, 821 University Avenue, Madison, WI, 53706; 608-263-0477; firstname.lastname@example.org.