Eau Claire, WI
The Event and Volunteer Coordinator provides program assistance and office support to Wisconsin Public Radio staff based in Eau Claire. Duties include managing the activities of an active corps of volunteers and students, assisting station staff, and generally supporting day-to-day operations of the regional office. This individual maintains regional web pages, provides broadcast production support, and coordinates publicity of regional events and programming. Position is a .5 FTE appointment. Hours are somewhat flexible within regular business hours. Will occasionally involve evenings or weekends for outreach events. Reports to Eau Claire Regional Manager.
DEGREE AND AREA OF SPECIALIZATION
No degree required.
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- Two or more years administrative experience, including office, data entry, customer service or related field.
- Experience with marketing and public relations.
- Excellent interaction and communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in supporting diversity and inclusion as assets organizationally and programmatically.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and perform under pressure
NOT REQUIRED BUT DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in radio broadcasting.
- Experience with digital and e-newsletter creation.
- Knowledge of Wisconsin news, politics and culture.
- Passion for public radio.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu by October 11, 2019. The job number is 100608. All of the following must be received for your application to be complete: 1) Resume; 2) A cover letter describing how your experience relates to the job duties and minimum and desirable qualifications.
As applicants progress to interviews, they will need to provide at least three professional references with titles, emails, and phone numbers (include at least one supervisory reference).
Questions? Contact: Erin Cook, Wisconsin Public Radio, 821 University Avenue, Madison, WI, 53706; 608-263-0477; [email protected].
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide program assistance to the Regional Manager and Wisconsin Public Radio staff based in and serving the Eau Claire office.
- Coordinate regional publicity includes news releases, web postings and regional newsletters.
- Attend staff and volunteer committee meetings as assigned and take notes when appropriate.
- Maintain the regional and show web pages, creating digital content for the western bureau in consultation with Regional Manager and program hosts.
- Assist Regional Manager with support for regional initiatives regarding community events and fundraising activities.
Support Regional Manager regarding regional outreach initiatives, including community arts and cultural partnerships, event sponsorships, and promotional displays and exhibits; represent WPR as liaison with partners and event cosponsors.
- Serve as primary point person from the office for WPR events held in the region
- Assist with recruitment and screening of volunteers and interns.
- Develop training materials for volunteers and interns.
- Coordinate local volunteer and intern participation staffing community events, listener activities, broadcast operations, etc.
Provide general office support and reception duties.
- Counsel and assist listeners, clients, donors, students and the general public via correspondence, telephone and in-person contact.
- Independently handle office procedures, including mailings, word processing, data entry, correspondence ordering of supplies and filing.
- Possess a welcoming, professional, and helpful attitude, with strong communication and telephone skills.
- Demonstrated writing proficiency; use of Microsoft Office applications; photography or photo editing and/or experience with broadcast/operations scheduling software helpful.
- Self-starter; collaborative approach to addressing ongoing duties and special events.
- Effectively engage diverse perspectives and experiences in all workplace interactions and demonstrate respect for others in all workplace relationships.
Expected salary for this position is $34,000 (100% FTE salary).