The Manager of Education Engagement at PBS Wisconsin strategically plans and directs PK-12 educator professional development and engagement activities that drive awareness and use of public media educational resources. Responsible for a portfolio that embraces PBS KIDS, PBS Wisconsin Education resources, Media Literacy and a statewide network of educators and education partners, the person in this position understands and can apply trends in PK-12 curriculum and instruction using digital media. They will demonstrate commitment and support for learning and growth in educational equity, cultural relevance, diversity and inclusion in leading the team’s work to establish and maintain collaborative partnerships to support the impact, growth and execution of programs. The Manager will supervise and train a team of education engagement professionals. This position reports to the Director of Education.
DEGREE AND AREA OF SPECIALIZATION
- Bachelor’s degree required. PK-12 Education program preferred.
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years of experience in formal or informal PK-12 education
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience
NOT REQUIRED BUT DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Fluency in a language other than English
- Familiarity or experience with public media education content
- Experience facilitating online/virtual learning trainings or events for educators or PK-12 students
- Experience with policies and procedures in relation to HR, program management, purchasing and budgets, particularly in Higher Education or State Agency systems.
- Directs long-range and short-term strategic plans and initiatives to further the growth of the PBS Wisconsin Education engagement programs.
- Develops organizational and operational policies and procedures and monitors performance to ensure alignment with strategic objectives.
- Serves as the department liaison to internal and external stakeholder groups providing organizational information and representing the interests of PBS Wisconsin Education.
- Assists with developing and monitoring budgets and grant management.
- Contributes to the planning and development of PBS Wisconsin Education content, providing voice for national and state standards, current classroom practices, educator and student needs, as well as educational system priorities and trends.
- Directs and oversees presentations, facilitation of workshops and design of professional development experiences in-person and virtually, ensuring they are executed with excellent written and oral communications and presentation skills.
- Responsible for carrying out supervisory duties of at least 3.0 FTE staff including developing annual staff goals that align with PBS Wisconsin’s strategic and operational plans; creating work plans; providing timely work performance feedback, coaching, and addressing issues as they arise; and providing formal written performance evaluation annually. Make recommendations about hiring and staffing levels. Identify and make time for professional development opportunities.
Expected salary range for this position is $60,000 up to $69,000 for highly experienced candidates who exceed the qualifications. Actual pay will depend on experience and qualifications.
This position will require the ability to work some evenings, weekends and travel around Wisconsin to create, steward and collaborate with partners, educators, and school districts as projects warrant.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu by 11/3/20. The job number is 227847. The following must be received for your application to be complete: 1) Resume; 2) A cover letter describing how your experience relates to the job duties and minimum and desirable qualifications; 3) A 1-2 page narrative describing an educator professional development experience you led or managed. Please include your role, the goals, and the outcomes of this experience.
As applicants progress to interviews, they will need to provide at least three professional references with titles, emails, and phone numbers (include at least one supervisory reference).
Questions? Contact: Kate O’Connor, PBS Wisconsin, 821 University Avenue, Madison, WI, 53706; 608-262-5221, email@example.com