The Business Sponsorship Manager is responsible for the activities that support the corporate sponsorship and special events teams within the Development unit of PBS Wisconsin. This position provides donor services and communications to corporate sponsors; builds proposals and manages sponsorship production and donor recognition processes; maintains multiple databases and financial reports; serves as the primary administrative hub for internal and external stakeholders of the corporate sponsorship team. In addition, this position supports aspects of PBS Wisconsin Auction and special events. Reports to Managing Director of Corporate Giving and Events.
DEGREE AND AREA OF SPECIALIZATION
Associate degree or higher preferred.
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
1. Minimum four years of experience in donor/customer services or administrative support for development/sales teams.
2. Strong organizational skills with ability to successfully prioritize tasks and adjust focus quickly and efficiently while maintaining accuracy.
3. Demonstrated ability in providing administrative support, including organizing and maintaining files, reports, and materials through efficient use of databases, project management and reporting tools.
4. Ability to be proactive and work successfully both independently and on teams of internal and external stakeholders.
5. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
NOT REQUIRED BUT DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience in public media sponsorship.
2. Experience in non-profit projects, events, marketing, and/or project management.
3. Experience in media organization responsible for content creation and distribution.
4. Strong knowledge of Wisconsin’s business landscape.
- Schedules logistics and secures resources for event and program activities, facilities, participants, and vendors adhering to established timelines and expectations (20%)
- Collects, prepares, and analyzes donor information and event data and provides subsequent recommendations for improvement and enhancement (20%)
- Assists with the design, development, and delivery of marketing and communication materials and other event publications to promote development events and programs (20%)
- Serves as unit’s financial record keeper, tracking revenue, distributing invoices, and reporting activity (15%)
- Serves as a point of contact for internal and external stakeholders at meetings and activities to advocate for and promote the interests of the unit (15%)
- Assists with the development of strategic planning initiatives and objectives, program budgets, and monitors activity to ensure adherence to established guidelines (10%)
Expected salary range for this position is low to upper $50,000’s for highly experienced candidates who exceed the qualifications. Actual pay will depend on experience and qualifications.
The person in this position will be required to comply with the PBS Wisconsin Ethics for Editorial and Executive Staff located here: https://pbswisconsin.org/about/, in addition to the UW-Madison code of ethics.
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu by November 19, 2021. The job number is 243769. The following must be received for your application to be complete: 1) Resume; 2) A cover letter describing how your experience relates to the job duties and minimum and desirable qualifications; 3) At least three professional references with titles, emails, and phone numbers (include at least one supervisory reference). Please note references will not be contacted without your prior knowledge.
Questions? Contact: Erin Cook, PBS Wisconsin, 821 University Avenue, Madison, WI, 53706; 608-263-0477; or email.