Enter the Quilt Expo Modern Mini Quilt Challenge!
May 2, 2017 Leave a Comment
Quilt Expo and Nancy Zieman have announced an all-new quilting challenge taking place throughout the month of May on social media: The Quilt Expo Modern Mini Quilt Challenge!
To enter, send a high-resolution image of your quilt to [email protected] by 5 p.m. CST on Tuesday, May 23, 2017. Include your full name, hometown, and a sentence or two about your quilt. Enter one modern mini quilt for a chance to receive a prize from one of the sponsors (explore the full prize list below)! Share your progress on social media throughout the challenge by using #ModernMiniQuiltChallenge! Quilt Expo will post entries to their Facebook page throughout the month of May – be sure to look for your entry.
2017 Quilt Expo Modern Mini Quilt Challenge Complete Entry Rules:
Sew a mini modern quilt to showcase your quilting talents. Submit your entry by emailing a high-resolution image of your quilt to [email protected] by 5 p.m. CST on Tuesday, May 23, 2017.
- Mini Quilts must be no more than 24-inches square, and may be pieced, appliquéd, mixed or other.
- Mini Quilts must be made from fabrics in a modern color palette and design.
- Mini Quilts must be quilted through 3 layers by hand, by machine or both.
- You may enter ONE modern mini quilt that is completed within the last year.
- Entries must be sent to [email protected]; participants are encouraged to share progress and quilt photos on social media using hashtag #ModernMiniQuiltChallenge.
- Submitted entries will be shared on Quilt Expo’s Facebook page throughout the month of May.
- Winners selected by panel of judges, and one randomly drawn winner, to be announced on May 30, 2017.
- Open to US Residents only.
- Judging takes place May 24-25, 2017
Over $1,700 in prize packages from the contest sponsors:
- Baby Lock Anna sewing machine, value $399
- Pellon product bundle, value $165
- June Tailor product bundle, value $159
- Fons & Porter’s Love of Quilting magazine and Original Sewing & Quilt Expo admission ticket package, value $120
- Nancy Zieman Productions product bundle, value $115
- Sewing With Nancy product bundle, value $103
- The Electric Needle quilt kit, value $96
- Clover product bundle, value $95
- Madeira Aeroquilt 8-cone pack, value $79
- F+W Media three book package, value $75
- Quilt Expo admission ticket package, value $72
- Coats & Clark 50 spool thread assortment, value $70
- Nancy’s Notions 39 Sew Easy Projects book, value $50
- Plus five random winners will receive a copy of Mini Marvels from Martingale, value $25 each
Nancy Zieman quilting Quilt Expo Nancy Zieman Productions Modern Mini Quilt Challenge