Charitable Gifts Through Your IRA
Making an IRA charitable contribution or donating appreciated securities can be strategic for donors seeking to maximize their charitable impact while reducing their tax liabilities. Although there are distinct differences between the two approaches, there is one clear area of common ground: Charities you support using these savvy methods also benefit because it may be possible to make a larger charitable contribution due to the added tax advantages compared to giving cash.
Benefits of an IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of our organization
How to make an IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution gift to benefit PBS Wisconsin
- Contact your IRA plan administrator and request that a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) be transferred directly to Friends of PBS Wisconsin, Inc.
- Your IRA funds of cash or stock in any amount (up to $100,000) will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you are gifting cash, direct your plan administrator to make your gift to:
Friends of PBS Wisconsin, Inc.
821 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53706
Federal Tax ID: 23-7300462
If you are gifting stock, direct your plan administrator to transfer your stock to our account at:
Robert W. Baird & Co.
c/o: Megan Mitby
8000 Excelsior Dr., Suite 302
Madison, WI 53717-1914
Telephone: (608) 830-3524 | (800) 888-4792
Fax: (608) 830-3550
DTC number: 0547
Account name: Friends of PBS Wisconsin
Account number: 34-89-7527
When you make an IRA gift, please email or call us to let us know. We’ll need your name, address, and phone number so we can properly credit you when your gift arrives.