Click, Bid & Win! WPT Online-Exclusive Auction Runs May 1-14
April 17, 2019 Leave a Comment
For the first time ever, the annual Wisconsin Public Television Auction will be an online-exclusive event – and it all begins May 1!
We invite bidders to take part in the fun for a chance to win a wide variety of merchandise and services from Wisconsin businesses and individuals.
Proceeds from Auction support WPT programs, outreach and community engagement initiatives, and events that serve to enrich the Wisconsin community.
This year’s Auction will be held Wednesday, May 1 through Tuesday, May 14 and can be accessed online at auction.wpt.org.
With more than 2000 items donated by more than 700 different donors, this year’s Auction is sure to be a memorable one!
Read on to learn more!
With donations from businesses and individuals across Wisconsin and the surrounding states, the WPT Auction features a wide array of items with offerings suited to every budget and taste. Articles up for bid include dining experiences and food, travel packages, sports tickets, lodging, entertainment and items for homes.
Here’s a sneak peek at some of the items up for bid this year!
- A pair of 2019 UW Football season tickets
- A five-night trip for two to Riu Caribe in Riviera Maya, Mexico, donated by Apple Vacations
- A single, 2019 Stoughton Country Club golf membership
- A brand-new LG 3-Door Refrigerator, donated by Tri-County Appliance
- An Ishnala dining certificate, donated by Ishnala Supper Club in Lake Delton
- A set of 18 suite tickets and five gold-preferred parking passes to Miller Park in Milwaukee
- A Nashville Country Music Weekend, donated by Holiday Vacations
To participate in this year’s Auction, bidders will have to create an online account, if they don’t already have one. The following steps and video outline how to set up an account:
- Visit auction.wpt.org and click on the “register” tab in the upper left corner.
- Fill in all required fields and submit your form. Then, look for an email with login information to complete your registration.
- Login and set your username and password and create a credit card profile (required to begin bidding).
Auction is funded in part by TDS, UW Health, J.H. Findorff & Son, Inc., Johnson Financial Group and Friends of Wisconsin Public Television. Overbid prizes provided by Cost Cutters and Pizza Hut.
Use #WPTAuction on social media to share how you’re participating in Auction.
1 thought on “Click, Bid & Win! WPT Online-Exclusive Auction Runs May 1-14”
Mike Barman says:
Going to miss watching the auction on TV. Each year we always devoted 4 nights to the program. It was always fun watching your volunteers do their thing. It was a nice event for my wife and I to do together. Always spent more than we should have but it was going to a good cause. Occasionally we able to get a good deal on some pretty cool items. We will give the new format a try but not too enthused. I assume we will just get repeatedly overbid by people with deeper pockets.