Celebrate Sewing With Nancy’s 30th Anniversary and Win an iPad!
July 31, 2012 Leave a Comment
All-new episodes of Sewing With Nancy are coming in August online and on-air on public television stations across the country. This year marks the 30th anniversary of Nancy Zieman’s groundbreaking mix of sewing, quilting and fiber art television tips, techniques and good-humored how-to information!
To celebrate the Aug. 12 online premiere of all-new episodes of Sewing With Nancy‘s 30th Anniversary, WPT and Nancy Zieman Productions are giving away an iPad and a custom cover handmade by Nancy Zieman to one lucky fan. Submit your name, address and phone number to [email protected] by noon central time Aug. 10, 2012.
One lucky winner will be picked at random on that day to receive a 16GB WiFi iPad with a custom iPad case (see the cover in the photo above!) made by Nancy Zieman (iPad and case provided courtesy Nancy Zieman Productions). One entry per household. No purchase or contribution is necessary to win. Employees of WPT, WPR, UW-Extension, ECB and Nancy Zieman Productions and their immediate family are not eligible to win. Find the full contest rules below:
Sewing with Nancy 30th Anniversary iPad Contest
Official Rules and Regulations
1. No contribution is necessary to enter or to win a prize in this Contest. This contest is sponsored by Wisconsin Public Television and Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC. A donation to Wisconsin Public Television will not improve your chances of winning.
2. Only one entry per household is allowed. Void where prohibited by law.
3. Open only to legal residents 18 years or older (as of 8/1/12) of the continental United States.
4. One (1) prize consisting of an iPad (16GB with WiFi) with a custom made cover handmade by Nancy Zieman will be awarded. The prize is valued at $499. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. To enter the Contest, you must submit your name, mailing address and phone number to [email protected] by noon CST on August 10, 2012.
6. Winners will be selected in a random drawing on August 10, 2012 at Wisconsin Public Television, supervised by management of Wisconsin Public Television, whose decisions regarding winners and all other matters of the Contest will be final.
7. The name of the winner will be posted on the Wisconsin Public Television and Nancy Zieman Facebook pages on or about August 12, 2012. To request the name of the Winner, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Sewing with Nancy 30th Anniversary Contest, 821 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53706.
8. Employees of Wisconsin Public Television, UW-Extension, the Wisconsin Educational Communications Board, Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC, their service providers, those involved in the development, production (including prize donors), implementation and distribution of this Contest, including their officers, directors, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, and any other person/entity associated with the Contest including their immediate families and members of their same households are ineligible for sweepstakes prizes.
9. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of Wisconsin Public Television and will not be returned.
10. Winners will be notified by phone, mail, and/or email. If potential winner cannot be reached after 3 days from first notification attempt, or if an entrant is found to be ineligible, or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
11. Winners are responsible for all costs of prize redemption, including any taxes which may be applicable. The value of each prize is determined by the prize donor and such determination is final for all purposes. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner.
12. By entering, entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and all applicable local, state and federal laws. Winners will be required to sign a publicity release and a winner’s affidavit to claim the prize.
13. Wisconsin Public Television, Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC and their entities and staff are not responsible or liable for multiple entries, entries completed or entered by other than human means, or entries that are late (including delayed data transmission), tampered with, illegible, mutilated, forged, destroyed, incomplete, garbled, lost, misdirected, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, or otherwise not in compliance with Official Rules – and all such entries will be disqualified.
14. For a complete copy of the rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Sewing with Nancy 30th Anniversary Contest, 821 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53706. For further information, please contact Wisconsin Public Television at 608-265-2302 or [email protected]
15. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any dispute arising out of the Contest shall be Dane County, Wisconsin.
ipad Sewing PBS public television Wisconsin Public Television Wisconsin Public Television Program Nancy Zieman Sewing with Nancy
68 thoughts on “Celebrate Sewing With Nancy’s 30th Anniversary and Win an iPad!”
Beverly Downing says:
I love your show, I sew a lot but I learn something new every time I watch you, Thank you and congratulations on 30 wonderful years.
kelly knapp says:
this is an awesome giveway. thank-you so much for the opportunity
Joyce Monteufel says:
Enjoy your store at Beaver Dam and all your helpful people,thanks.
JUZ ME says:
THE BIG 30, CONGRATS! WHOOHOO!!
Sarah Tapia says:
I watch “Sewing With Nancy” every Saturday morning religiously, and I look forward to leaning new and innovative sewing techniques demonstrated by Nancy. Happy 30th Annivarsary. I especially liked the sewing show, “Sewing From A to Z.”
Anne Marcellis says:
You’d been such an inspiration to me all these 30 years. THANKS! I began learning a lot about sewing garments and now continue to learn more about your quilting projects. You’re an amazing woman! Thanks for letting me enter this iPad contest.
Dot Clark says:
Thank you for all of the wonderful episodes of Sewing With Nancy. This September, I plan to attend my first Quilt Expo. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to have won a new iPad to take with me.
Happy Anniversary, Nancy. :0)
Marlene Mahlum says:
It is so nice to see programs like yours on television. I get so tired of hunting, sports, and news. It is refreshing to see new techniques to make our lives so much easier and give us “sew” much more sewing time. Thanks Nancy for 30 years. Keep it coming.
Lillian Cagle says:
Very happy for you and your 30th Anniversary giving so many folks a desire to learn sewing & quilting! My husband, Bob & I enjoyed our trip to Singapore with you & your sister in 1995. We sold our quilt shop in Dec. 2003 after 19 years but I am still quilting, quilting, quilting!! for family and friends. Keeps me forever young maybe! and I love it. Blessings to you!
Jennie Green says:
Congratulations on 30 years of television instruction. I have learned and continue to learn from you. I hope you continue teaching for another 30 years.
Joyce Nale says:
Really great show..
Betty Steuck says:
I met Nancy in person before she was on television. She gave a 3 day series of classes at Northwest Fabrics here in Beloit. My mother, sister and I all attended and each bought a book that she was featuring and then traded them back and forth. I was overjoyed when I first saw her on television and have watched every since. It’s been a good 30 years of sewing and quilting.
Juanita harper says:
Will be attending the quilt expo in Sept. And look forward to meeting Nancy.
Congrats on 30 years! I’ve enjoyed your classes, books and your TV shows over the past 30 years. Thanks for all the great information you have provided the sewing and quilting world.
I love sewing with Nancy. The catalog and videos have always been helpful to me. Glad to see she’s celebrating her 30th anniversery!
Arlene Wiese says:
I have been watching Sewing With Nancy and attending the Sewing Weekend almost every year including the very first one. My daughter is also a fan of the weekends. Now that I have the internet connection and web address, I can watch more at my leisure rather than mandatory time of WPT. Thank you for that!
Does not seem like it can be 30 years since I first saw your programs. gosh I must be getting old!! But I have learned a lot from all the programs you have aired and your publications. Thanks for sharing all your talents with us for so many years. Happy Anniversary and many, many more.
Love to watch your show and have been right there with you through the years thanks for all you have contributed to the lives of lots of sewers with your tips and styles..
Kay Courtright says:
Nancy, I have enjoyed your T.V. shows, and the Madison Wisconsin Expos. Many of your books are a part of my quilting/sewing library. Congratulations on your 30th Anniversary and a job well done. Thank you.
Priscilla Kibbee says:
Love your show and have been a fan since the beginning.
I started watching your program around 30 years ago while ironing my familys clothes. Remember when we did that? I still watch your program, but have progressed from clothing construction (children can sew their own), to quilting, and now I have the embroidery machine. Thanks for all your great information and hope I can watch you for many, many more years. Congratulations!!!!
Inita Bermudez says:
Love your show I been watching your show for at least 22 years, I sew alot and I do alot of alterations for a business. Thanks to all your learning shows. I’ll be watch all your new upcoming show.
Dolly LaSee says:
I enjoy learning new and creative sewing techniques from your television show.
Keep up t
he good work.
Ellen Steele says:
Happy Anniversary! I have been watching you since high School many years ago learn a lot from you Thanks for the show
Congratulations, Nancy!! I have loved you for probably almost 30 years! I still have the rolling sewing machine case I purchased from you many, many years ago! God bless you!
Thanks for the show. I am a beginner, so I enjoy watching and learning. Congrats on 30 Years.
Hope you have 30 more….
Laurie E Gassman says:
Thanks for all the inspiration you give the sewers in my family. We wish you many more years of inspiring us.
Lairie Gassman says:
I only “met” you online about 6 years ago when I acquired my first embroidery machine. My daughter and I have been to your store in Beaver Dam several times. Your staff is so great. I wanted to surprise my daughter with the twelve needdle felting machine …they made it happen! I live in Newport News Va and she in Crystal lake Il….She was delighted and has made some absolutely beautiful felted bags. I, to,o learn so much from your videos and shows. I started sewing when ai was 9……some 63 years ago. I hemmed flour sack dish towels and patched the work clothes of my dad’s….it grew to making my clothes for school…thru college. My daughter received her first sewing machine when she was nine. Now I do my best to give my grand daughters every opportunity to make sewing projects with me…..tote bags, baby blankets, embroidery on their tee shirts. So thank you broadening our sewing hoeizons in so many ways with all your tricks and ideas!
Here is to many more years of awakening the sewing gene in so many of us….
Laurie Gassman, Newport News, VA
Carla Ball says:
Would love to win an iPad need one so bad..and a big shout out of Happy Anniversary Nancy from the Town that was totally destroyed by the March 2 Tornado West Liberty KY
Joyce Ensey says:
Great Show. I like the tips at the end of the program.
Melody Bressler-Hay says:
I have watched Nancy off and on for about 25 of her 30 years. Wish she had shows on the internet when we lived overseas for several years. Have found that most of the programs never go “out of style.” Thanks for 3 decades of inspiration, ideas and tips!
Congratulations, Nancy, on your 30th year of Sewing With Nancy. Without a doubt, you have transformed and enriched the lives of millions of sewing enthusiasts over the years with your up to the minute, always entertaining and informative TV shows. And then came the books, videos, etc and all the rest is history. Thank you for providing your fans and viewers with the inspiration to reach high for success in their own sewing!
Happy Anniversary, I watch for many years and always enjoyed.
Happy 30th Anniversary! Thanks for sharing your knowledge!
Roselyn Short says:
Happy 30th anniversary, Nancy. I have enjoyed watching and have learned a lot, from your TV shows.
Janissa Boswell says:
Love to watch your shows along with my five year old daughter who loves to sew also! Thanks for the contest!
Rosemarie Wood says:
I am so glad we will be seeing hour new shows, I getting to learn yours by heart I watch them so much.
RaeAnne Lollar says:
I love to watch your show every week. It is on my DVR list so I wont miss it. Congratulations Nancy on your 30th Anniversary. Hope to be watching for many more years.
Marian Davis says:
Thank you Nancy. I feel as if I know you simply because I have seen you for so many years on PBS. I have so many pleasant memories of watching your program. I think I owe a great part of my love of sewing to you. You have inspired me to share with charities you have featured on your Nancy’s Corner segments. I find your products, books and videos to be of great quality and to me that further shows how much you care. You should be proud of the lives you have touched! Congratulations and I wish you all the best!
Donna Lee says:
I am not eligible to win your prize however, seeing it is an Apple product, I would like to know if you can recommend an embroidery program for a Mac. I am a new user of Apple products and also have a new embroidery machine. I am quickly learning that most embroidery programs are windows friendly only. Can you help with a recommendation. Thank you.
Linda LaDrew says:
Congratulations on your 30th Anniversary. Here’s to another 30. You really inspire me to be creative.
Pamela Sobeske says:
Congratulations on your 30 years!!
It sucks that no one outside the United States can participate in this or any contest. I have spent my hard earned money at Nancy Notions and also bought books and DVD’s. It is just not fair!!! HAPPY 30 YEARS ANNIVERSARY!!!
Thanks for the opportunity. I wish I could attend the Expo. I am returning to quilting now that I have retired and am so excited. I would love the IPad to research fabric and patterns and to take pictures of projects. I would love the case to protect the IPad. I watch public TV to learn about processes and how to’s. My husband watches hunting and fishing shows, I watch sewing and quilting!
Jen in Oz says:
whaddaya mean “only open to residents of the USA?” Why?
Mary Corcoran says:
Congratulations and Thank You, Nancy for elevating the Art of Sewing!
joanie d. says:
Congradulations Nancy on your 30th Anniversary. I truly love Sewing with Nancy, wishing many more years of enjoyment for all of us, thank you, joanie
Carol Leisner says:
I use to visit your store in Beaver Dam and have met you a couple of times. I know live in Florida and I am getting ready to open a online sewing store “Sew-N-Love by Carol” in a month. I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for all the inspiration you have given me. Thanks for having this give away.
Donna Krueger says:
Have enjoyed your products & TV Series for years & Years. Thanks for all your hard work over the years. Happy Anniversary. AND MANY MORE!!!!!!!
Vickie V. says:
All my friends and all my family know not to call or come by when your show is on our local Ozarks PBS. I watch it as religiously as possible and have learned so much over the years. You make everything look so effortless!
Kaye Miller says:
I have loved your shows over many years. Not only have you taught me many techniques and inspired me to make quilts and clothing, but you’ve been my company during surgery recovery and illness as well as the healthy times. Thank you so much!!!
char thiel says:
I look forward to Saturday mornings for explicit and clear instructions. Enjoy your interviews with guests. Great motivator!
Have always enjoyed your shows and your information. It sure helps to have ideas and inspiration along the way. Thank you.
Nancy G. says:
Congratulations on 30 year!!
I believe I have watched you for 29 of those years. Your programs are always enjoyable and informative. I watch online now.
Thank you for your show, all your information and short cuts. Thanks for the contest.
Jane Raby says:
Enjoy your tips and sewing videos so much.
melanie waugh says:
Thank you for all the help and inspiration over these 30 years! I hope there are many more to come.
I have watched you for most of your 30 years on television. I always find someting useful to further my sewing skills. Your projects and instructions are great.
B Day says:
I can’t THANK YOU enough for all your years of dedication to teaching sewing!
I’m always excited to watch your shows. I have learned so many great sewing tips and techniques, simply by tuning in or going online. You’re so talented! What an amazing gift God has given you!!
THANK YOU & GOD BLESS YOU!!
Barbara Johnson says:
I have been watching Sewing with Nancy for many many years and it is on my DVR every day just so I wont miss an episode while at work! I have learned so much and am still learning. Thank you for all that you do.
robert satterfield says:
I thank you for your show,love the contest
Have liked your show all through the years and so glad you are from Wisconsin.
The wifey loves this show and would love to win this.
Janice Morland says:
Always learning, even at 74, through excellent programs as Sewing With Nancy. Thank you for your consistent information. Happy celebration for 30 years of contributions to us.
Sue Haebig says:
Happy 30TH Anniversary Nancy! Watching your show keeps my creative self inspired. Thank you for many enjoyable hours!
L. Jones says:
Happy 30th Anniversay from an avid fan. It’s a great program. May it continue for many more years. Thanks Nancy for the many sewing tips and the contest too.
Gail Haucke says:
I don’t sew much but enjoy the show none the less.
L Scorgie says:
Thanks for the program and the contest